VNU Journal of Economics and Business (VNU-JEB) was established by the VNU University of Economics and Business according to license No. 233/GP-BTTTT dated April 27, 2021, signed by the Minister of Information and Communication. VNU-JEB originated from the VNU Journal of Science: Economics and Laws (2002) and the VNU Journal of Science: Economics and Business (2008).
During nearly two decades of operation under the management of VNU Science Journal - an interdisciplinary scientific journal established in 1985 by VNU, VNU-JEB has strived remarkably towards international standards. In the coming time, VNU-JEB visions itself to be indexed in the ASEAN Citation Index (ACI) in 2023 -2025 and other prestigious international citation systems such as Web of Science/ISI, Scopus in 2027-2030.
VNU-JEB provides domestic and international scientists with a forum to publish their research results in economics and business; helps scientists build their scientific prestige and improve their research capacity; serves as a reference database for future research; and provides a tool to facilitate training, research, and policymaking activities in economics and business.
VNU-JEB encourages scientists to publish their empirical and theoretical research results in economics and business at global, regional, national, and local levels; welcomes policy worthy and practical research carried out by international organizations, local organizations in either public or private sectors, local communities, non-governmental organizations, and enterprises.
VNU-JEB has six issues a year, in which three are published in Vietnamese every February, June, and October; and the other three published in English every April, August, and December. As a fully open access publication, VNU-JEB provides maximum exposure for published articles, making the research available to all to read and share.
At present, VNU-JEB requires no submission fee for any papers accepted for publication. In some special cases, however, the author may be required to reimburse the reviewing and editing fees to the Journal if he/she decides to withdraw his/her manuscript when it has been accepted for publication for any reason but is not approved by the Editor-in-chief.
Subject areas that are encouraged by VNU-JEB to be published include Business, Economics, Economic Management, Finance, Industrial Organization, Insurance, Investments, Monetary Theory and Policy, Real Estate… etc.
VNU-JEB’s editorial procedures are divided into three stages including (1) Stage 1 - Initial check; (2) Stage 2 - Peer review; and (3) Stage 3 - Approval and publishing. All of these three stages are displayed online, the authors, therefore, can track how their manuscripts have been processed.
- The managing editors receive and carry out an initial check on the submitted manuscripts to decide if they are eligible for peer review.
- The Editor-in-chief then assigns 1-2 experts to review a submitted manuscript (double-blind peer-review).
- The managing editors keep the author and the Editor-in-chief (if any) informed of review decisions.
- The author revises the manuscript following point-by-point mannered comments until it is accepted by the reviewer.
Approval and publishing
- The Editor-in-chief approves the list of from 5-12 manuscripts to be published in an issue.
- The accepted manuscripts are edited in language, and contents.
- The English abstracts and manuscripts are revised.
- The laying of the selected manuscripts is outsourced; the manuscripts then are finalized.
- The Editor-in-chief does the final check and approval to the selected manuscripts before publication.
- The managing editors publish the approved manuscripts online, carry out printing, and distribution according to regulations.
The total length of these editorial procedures for an issue of VNU-JEB lasts for approximately 2-3 months. Sometimes, even if they are accepted, some manuscripts may be scheduled for publishing at a later time depending on the Editor-in-chief's decision.